Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Gladys in her First Parade!

Each year my hometown has a huge parade for Labor Day. I haven't been in the parade since I was a little kid and my grandparents wanted me to show off Gladys, so I agreed to drive her in the parade...and convinced my dad to ride with me :) I just got the interior finished up Saturday morning before the parade, so she is all done!!

There is also a small car show on main street before the parade. My mom thought it would be neat to have a little sign showing that Gladys is a 4th generation car. Of course I can't just print a little sign...I had to add my own touch :) 

I was a little nervous driving in the parade with all the people and especially little kids around chasing candy! But having my dad along really helped! And my mom even got a video. Isn't Gladys pretty!!

17 comments:

  1. Gladys is gorgeous! What fun to get her out in the world so she can be appreciated--I bet she was a big hit. Your sign is great--so you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is just beyond cool Edi! Congrats on getting her all finished up and parading her around for all to enjoy! Loved the video!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Gladys is so glamorous, a real movie star! If she were mine, I would also drive her around the city from time to time. So chic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun to show off your car in the parade! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun! Gladys looks fabulous. I'm and sure she had tons of admirers. I would have been a nervous wreck driving along all the kiddos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gladys is gorgeous, and so are you! This post really made me smile. 😊 I'm so happy for you. Your hard work has paid off, and your beautiful car is now a bright spot in the memories of many, many people that were at that parade. 💕

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Gladys looks fabulous! How exciting to get to show her off at the parade :) And that wooden sign you made is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a wonderful parade - and no wonder you wanted to show off "Gladys" - she is a "Classic" beauty!

    Every year I go to Chicago to visit my cousin on Memorial Day which coincides with her birthday. In my town the parade last maybe 5 min - their parade goes on for over an hour! We go with the Colonel, the General, and many other vets from the Korean War and Vietnam War and a few deployed now. Last year I rode in a Humvee with one of the young soldiers. What a wonderful experience to ride in a Parade of American traditions!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness, Gladys is a true beauty and what better way to show her off than a parade!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gladys looks so great, Edi!!! I love the color so, so much. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW! Gladys turned out great! What a fun venue to show her off in!

    ReplyDelete
  12. so fun! I love your special sign, too!
    Gladys is da bomb!

    ReplyDelete
  13. so fun! I love your special sign, too!
    Gladys is da bomb!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!
I love your comments!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...