Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Double the Fun!

As I mentioned back in January, one of my goals for the year was to get a second laser. In February I went and saw one in person and placed my order. I patiently waited for a month for the new machine to arrive. And boy was it worth the wait!

This new machine is twice as big and twice as powerful as my old machine! In fact, the old machine will fit inside the new one!

I haven't had a chance to do anything new with the new machine, but I've been able to complete orders more quickly. I just finished an order of 200 wedding invitations and it was nice to have one machine solely dedicated to those invitations and I could still work on other orders with the small machine.

Eventually I'm hoping to make larger pieces and the new machine will cut thicker pieces as well, so I'll be experimenting with that too. I've uploaded a quick video I took with my cell phone. I apologize it's not the greatest, but it will give you an idea of how the machines run.

20 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new laser and your order! Cool video :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! So great for your upcoming projects!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cool! It's great you can work on two things at once now. Have fun when you get the chance to experiment with new things!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a big addition to your studio. can't wait to see what you end up making with this bigger machine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look at that baby hum right along! Congrats on your new tax deduction, I mean laser! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're gonna have so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you are industrial sized now! The best part, IMO, is that you can work on two different orders at once!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the new laser. I'm excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is awesome, Edi! Congrats on finally getting your new laser machine. And boy is it big!
    Thanks for the video. It's cool to see the "behind the scenes" of your work. =0)

    ReplyDelete
  10. How awesome! Congratulations on your new toy. I love seeing it in action!

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow! That's exciting! Those machines are really fast!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is AWESOME! Congratulations on crossing off a big goal so soon. It also never occurred to me how loud those are, haha. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations, Edi! I can't believe the difference in size, but am so glad for you and the additional possibilities.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I bet you'll wonder why you waited so long! It makes perfect sense as a next step in growing your business!

    ReplyDelete
  15. how exciting Edi! and wow that is one cool new laser!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations!! That is SO COOL!! Loved the video.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Many many best wishes for a new tool!!! I hope it will be very smooth and happy "sailing for you!!!
    Thank you for your comment about hobbi lobbi in chat, it is still not in store as I look online, but they ordered 1200 units more, so I guess they are sale someplace :) I used it as wholesale, so it not in the contract to informed me about place. But I think it will be in store soon. This is only one print peonies in vase on the fashion books. (actually it is my favorite :)
    Cheers! Lana

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yay! Congrats on the new machine!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOW! So happy for you! Awesome machine!! And I bet great to have two machines for specialized or simultaneous projects!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!
I love your comments!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...