Monday, August 18, 2014

Creative Gift Wrap

With all the weddings and showers I've gone to this year, I ran out of cute bags and gift wrap and didn't realize it until Saturday morning when I needed to wrap a gift for another bridal shower! So, what's a crafty girl to do...get creative, of course :)

The only other bags I had on hand were Christmas themed and I didn't think that would probably fly. Then I remembered I still had this bag in the recycle pile from leftovers are Red Lobster (yum!).

I created a file in Photoshop to cover the RL logo. I just used sticker paper that I print my shipping labels on to (mostly) cover the logo. I put the bride and grooms names in the label to make it even more special :)

Then I created a cute tag that matches their wedding invitations pretty closely (and my guest book!). The kraft paper and tree design went with the paper bag perfectly!

So next time you're in a jam and need to wrap a gift, look around your house and get creative :)

9 comments:

  1. Great idea! I love the personalized tag :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great fix! I've done similar things before with paper shopping bags. Might as well use what you have first!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Recycling is always a great thing! It looks great, and it's eco-friendly. Win-win!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea! Really nice way of recycling:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea for recycling, I always love to use old magazines for giftwrapping.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice work! I hadn't thought to make labels and stick them over branding on bags. I have a nice bag with cloth handles right now from the Quicksilver store that just might find itself a new job soon...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! You are just too awesome Edi! What a clever way to reuse that bag! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea! It turned out really cute too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a creative idea! The recycling worked perfectly.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!
I love your comments!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...