Thursday, July 24, 2014

Branson Vacation

As I mentioned in last Friday's post, last weekend we headed to Branson to celebrate my mom's birthday. (Which is actually today...Happy Birthday Mom!)
We headed down on Thursday to enjoy the beautiful scenery, go to a show and get in some great family time.

One of the best things about visiting my parents is the beautiful view from their back deck! I could sit out there for hours!

They have at least 7 humming birds that visit them each year. I finally got one to sit still long enough I got a (semi-decent) photo of it. They also have a couple wood peckers that visit the feeders, but they were too quick for me and my camera.

I think they come just for the pretty pink flowers my mom has on the deck :) (or maybe that's just me...lol!)

The big event for the weekend was celebrating on the Branson Belle. My parents live right across the lake from the Belle and it's kind of become a hobby of my mom's (and a joke to the rest of us) to watch the Belle. She knows what time it goes out each day and if it happens to take a different route, if it's not on schedule, etc. So we decided it was definitely time she actually rode on the Belle!
  
The show was spectacular! There was a comedian/illusionist, a full band, a 5-member singing group and a woman who played the violin, piano, sang and did an aerial act! The food was pretty great too (see yesterday's post for the desserts we got!).

We also spent the afternoon on the lake, but I was too busy relaxing (yes, I actually do that once in a while) to take any pictures. The weekend was so great and I hope my mom has a wonderful birthday today :)

12 comments:

  1. Good to hear you had a great weekend together. Happy birthday to your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to your Mom!!
    Your parents live in a beautiful area. How fun to live right across from the Belle. What a wonderful experience. I enjoy variety theater as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Birthday Wishes for your Mom!
    Good that u had nice time together:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Edi's Mom! Boats like that are so cool and it sounds like the show was fun. I'm glad you got a few days away to relax!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday to your Mom! Sounds like a wonderful pre-birthday weekend celebration! How fun she got to ride on the Belle! Hope it took the right route and was on schedule! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday to your mom! I bet she loved having you guys around for the celebration. If I had your parent's view, I would get nothing done! The hummingbirds must be so fun to watch. Such a new little bird.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad that you were able to get down and celebrate with your family! What a beautiful area.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely! I was just up that way... my parent's place is just outside Branson.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad you enjoyed the weekend and took some time to relax! The flowers are gorgeous. We have hummingbirds, too--they love those bright pink flowers. Hope your mom enjoyed The Belle!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How fun! And your parent's view is absolutely beautiful! How I would love to enjoy a view like that everyday. I would never tire of it. I would appreciate it so much, as I'm sure they do. Great pic of you two as well!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You and Jesse look very relaxed!
    aahh...the view from your parent's place!
    Happy Birthday to your mom!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!
I love your comments!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...