Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Boys and Their Toys

I'm really starting to believe the saying "The Only Difference Between Men and Boys is the Price of Their Toys" :)

Jesse is one of those men who loves his toys. Anything with a motor and he's in love...lol! We recently acquired a new vehicle/toy and after telling some friends about it, I promised pictures. It's not one of those vehicles you can explain very well with words, so here it is :)

The original vehicle is a late '20s early '30s Ford Roadster. And the body is made from a fiberglass mold. Of course the most exciting part (for Jesse) is the giant motor it has in it! It has a Chevy 454 for the motor, which is the same motor our giant truck has in it!

It's only about three-quarters done and still needs some minor details like lights and fenders before it can be registered. For now, it's just a fun toy to putt to the neighbors in (which is more my speed!) Once it's road ready, I'm not sure I'll be going for a ride!

19 comments:

  1. Wow! I bet this will look super awesome once it's put together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is amazing! I wouldn't dare drive it, but I'd love to take a ride in it :)
    Oh, and I spotted a kitty next to it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That car is crazy! It looks like fun but I don't think I'd want to drive it at high speeds either. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crazy! It was great to see the pictures. I had to go back and check for the kitty after I saw Duni's comment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's really cool! I love old cars! And I do agree, about boys and their toys! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That car is awesome! I am car fanatic so I am in awe of people that restore/rebuild cars. Good luck with the rest of the restoration work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is one mean machine! I can see why he loves it so!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like Jesse is a real life Tim Taylor!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's quite a fun project for Jesse! I spotted the kitty too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow that's quite the beast! You would be very brave indeed if you decided to go on a ride!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG!! Is that a rumble seat behind those bucket seats? I'll bet it makes some great Vrrooom! Vrrroom! noises with that big engine!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, that is pretty cool. Sometimes those boy toys are totally worth it. Enjoy!
    Valerie
    Everyday Inspired

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is so cool! I would drive it in a heartbeat!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So cool! It must have taken lots of work.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Whoa! That's really cool! Are you going to put a cover over the motor? A clear one would be pretty badass.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This roadster looks so fun to ride in! I bet you guys are excited to get it on the road!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is so crazy! Though I am cracking up about what is on those seats--how fun.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh gosh. I'm just glad my hubby loves golf!! But I'm sure Jesse is having a blast!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!
I love your comments!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...