Monday, June 17, 2013

What a Week

Last week was one of those weeks I hope to never have again. Jesse's uncle passed away unexpectedly from a heart attack at 53 years old. So Young! Going through another funeral so soon after my brother's death was very difficult.

Via
On top of that, my grandpa has been in the hospital for over a week. He got infection in his knee and ended up having to have surgery to fix it. They also found he had gout and MRSA as well!
He was finally released from the hospital on Friday, but had to move to a rehab facility for at least two weeks before he can return home.

In the meantime, my grandma (his wife) had to be taken to the doctor as well. She has COPD and has been having trouble lately. When she went to the doctor, they wanted to admit her to the hospital in fear that she was getting pneumonia. She didn't want to be admitted, so she has been having to go to the hospital every day for 3 days to get IVs. I hope she gets a clean bill of health today at her checkup.

Via
But I don't want this post to be all doom and gloom. Yes, it was a terribly stressful and long week. But I got to spend every day with my family and Jesse's family. We got to tell wonderful stories about Jesse's uncle and visit with my grandparents. My parents were also in town. I would rather see them under different circumstances, but I'll take any chance I can to see my parents!
And it makes us realize that we can't take life for granted and that we need to live life to its fullest.

I'm hoping to be back to a regular blogging schedule this week. And I'll have much happier posts to come as well :)

15 comments:

  1. Edi, I'm so, so sorry about everything your family has been going through lately. *hugs* Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a tough week you've had! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very sorry for all the sad news in your family ... you're in my thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a week! Goodness! I'm glad your grandfather is out of the hospital and I hope your grandmother is declared fit soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Edi, you've been in my thoughts all week ((hugs)) I hope your grandpa will have a full recovery in the rehab centre and that everything turns out okay for your grandma! Glad you got to spend time with your parents.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know we're all thinking about you. Hugs to you and Jesse. It's good, though, that you both were able to visit with family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry that this has been such a rough time for your family. I'm glad that you've been able to pull together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad you're back and so sorry for all that's going on.

    ReplyDelete
  9. When it rains, it sometimes poors, doesn't it? I'm so sorry that you've been having to deal with so much sadness lately. But, on the plus side, it's great that you've been spending time with family. Enjoy that to the fullest, even under the circumstances. You're right...We can't take life for granted. Thanks for giving us all an update. I know we've all had you in our thoughts and prayers.
    ~Kim

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so sorry to hear about your trying week. Stay strong and be sure to take care of yourself. You'll be in my thoughts. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sorry to hear about the difficult time you've been going through Edi. I'm glad that you can still find things to be thankful for during it, and that you are able to get back to your normal routine.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so sorry you've had to deal with so much in such a short period of time Edi! My grandmother had a stroke last week and is in the hospital and it's been very difficult - I can't imagine all of the other loss and stress on top of that. Keeping you and your family in my thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Edi, I' so sorry to hear about your long and stressful week. Thanks for the reminder to live life to the fullest and to enjoy every minute we get to have with our families!
    Valerie
    Everyday Inspired

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's the good side of having these stressful/painful events. family love. May it be comforting.
    lots of hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so sorry you have had such a tough week. The love your family members have for each other comes through loud and clear, though, and I hope that will help to ease the pain of loss.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!
I love your comments!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...