Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Tropical Wedding Gifts

Yesterday I showed you the tag I made for a bridal shower gift. Today I wanted to show you the cool gifts I made for the soon-to-be bride and groom.

My boyfriend's cousin is getting married in Mexico and I wanted to make her and her fiance some fun gifts that would help them remember their special day and trip. I first made them this picture frame. I engraved a palm tree and starfish along with their names and wedding information. Everyone at the shower loved it!

The night before the shower I had another great idea! So first thing Saturday morning I went to work on this fun little ornament! The bride's last name is Palmquist and her nickname has always been "Palmtree". And since they're getting married in Mexico...what better gift to give :)
I had a lot of fun creating this ornament! I personalized it on the front and back and hung it from the front of the present along with the gift tag.

 Of course the couple was registered at a some stores, but I just can't pass up an opportunity to make something special for people I love :)

18 comments:

  1. The personalized frame is wonderful. Love the little starfish in the corner and what a great idea to make a palmtree ornament! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such personalized gifts really support the wedding's theme. Love it when those great ideas hit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such wonderful personalized gifts! I love how the wedding frame and the Christmas ornament match. Very special!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a great combo, but I really love the ornament. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the personalized gifts! very creative :)

    xo, samantha
    sammyblackwood.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely story to read. I always love the reason why crafters make a personalized gift.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sure they're registered, but handmade gifts- especially like the ones you made-- are just all the more special. They'll really treasure those! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. such a thoughtful gift! and so beautiful ... something they will no doubt treasure

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sure they'll love these gifts! What a cute idea to create a Palm Tree ornament!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are so great!
    I like giving something personal, too. I may give some gifts on the list, but I always add something unexpected.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful and lovely, handcrafted gifts but the thought behind them is even lovelier.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those are great gifts Edi! They'll remember their 1st Christmas every year they bring it out of the ornament box! The frame is pretty awesome too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The frame and the ornaments are beautiful. They both make great gifts! As I'm decorating my tree, it's fun to reflect and I remember who gave me every ornament.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What fun and thoughtful gifts! Just perfect for their special day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can never pass up the opportunity for personalized gifts, too. These items are both beautiful and sound perfect for this couple.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I bet this was one of their favorite gifts. Both ideas are very cool!
    Valerie
    Everyday Inspired

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are fabulous! It is so much more special making a personalized gift rather than buying a toaster oven off a registry.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!
I love your comments!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...