Thursday, October 6, 2011

Search Ads on Etsy

On September 28th, Etsy rolled out a new program called Search Ads. What this does is allow Etsy sellers to buy ad space. It is based on keywords in your titles/tags/etc. and you pay per impression. An impression is how many times your ad appears on the top row of Etsy search results. I thought I would give you the run down of my first week using Etsy's search ads. I kept track of my results on a daily basis trying to check the stats at about the same time each day (or night rather). Here are my results: *Day 1: Cost: 66 cents Impressions: 580 Views: 5 Favorites: 0 Sales: 0 *Day 2: Cost: $1.44 Impressions: 1,207 Views: 10 Favorites: 0 Sales: 0 *Day 3: Cost: $2.22 Impressions: 1,818 Views: 13 Favorites: 0 Sales: 0 *Days 4-5: Cost: $3.85 Impressions: 3,170 Views: 30 Favorites: 4 Sales: 0 *Day 6: Cost: $4.54 Impressions: 3,777 Views: 38 Favorites: 5 Sales: 0 *Day 7: Cost: $4.65 Impressions: 3,879 Views: 41 Favorites: 5 Sales: 0 End results (at 6:30 am): Cost: $4.71 Impressions: 3,943 Views: 42 Favorites: 5 Sales: 0 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~What I find interesting, is that in that same time period, I had 1,336 Views, 54 Favorites and 13 Orders.~ I have decided to give Search Ads one more week. I had my spending limit at $5 and I will be keeping it the same for this week as well. I suppose if one of those favorites turns into a sale, it was worth my $5. But if at the end of my second week I still haven't seen any results, I'll stick with using that money to advertise in a different way :)
Did you participate in the Search Ads on Etsy? I'd love to have your share your results with us! And stop back next week to see how week two went...fingers crossed!

11 comments:

  1. interesting results. I didn't try the ads so I can't comment. I wonder if your results will differ for week 2.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried it either, but I'll definately check in to see your week 2 results!
    Keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't tried it either, but I'll definately check in to see your week 2 results!
    Keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried it for one week, and got impressions, but no sales and hardly any favorites, so I'm not doing it anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't tried the ads either - it made me made in the first place, the way it asked for money. But I guess that's how business works. Looks like impressions are the thing that improving for everyone. Read about the same results in other forums too. {:-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't tried ads either so it was good to see your results. I didn't realize that you pay per impression... now if only you could pay per sale!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've had mine going for a week too, also with no sales. I'm not thrilled with how they handle the keywords, because I feel like my most relevant ones don't pop up enough.

    Ah, well. I'll give it a little more time and see how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I tried the search ads. Not one of my sales came from the ads!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing your experience! It seems like everyone who has shared so far has had similar results.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'll be interested to see your conclusions after a second week using Search Ads. I am still retagging my items so that they are relevant. We came back from Germany and learned about the changes at that time. Playing catch-up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't tried the ads yet either but in searching I see the ads and they have nothing to do with what I'm searching for so that might be a problem with people actually clicking on them. I hope your 2nd week has better results!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!
I love your comments!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...