Friday, July 15, 2011

Friday Features - Family Crest

I've had a couple of interesting orders lately that I thought were pretty cool. I lasered 10 set of coasters for a coworker to give as Christmas gifts and he wanted his family crest put on them. And I also got an order for a pin engraved with a family coat of arms on it. The bride is going to give this to her fiance' at the wedding and he will give her a sash with his family crest on it. Very unique and very cool :)
This got me to wondering if there was a market for this type of work. I went searching on Etsy to see what other Family Crest and Coat of Arms items I could find. There are some really talented artists in this area!
Do you have a family crest or coat of arms? Have you ever seen it or done anything with it? I'd love to know :)

9 comments:

  1. The only time I've seen mine or my husband's family crests is in gift shops. =) It's fun to look them up but I'm not sure what I'd do with it. I like the stationary idea. That custom artwork by JamieHansen is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. those are pretty. I don't have a coat of arms - not familiar with the history of those in general. Stained glass is so unique! {:-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting features! I've never heard of a family crest for my family so guess we don't have one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are some great ideas. Seems like you're on a roll Edi!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Neat items. There is definately a market for coat of arms. I own a plaque and a pendant of mine. I imagine custom lasering wooden plaques could be a great business venture! Or maybe fridge magnets too. I love the coaster! ~Val

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that is awesome. We don't have a family crest either but I think it would be a cool thing to have. Your coasters look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great theme for a feature! I hope those lasered items continue to do well for you. No family coat of arms here...

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cool idea, I'm sure you could find a niche in your shop to feature this. I love that stained glass, so gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!
I love your comments!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...