Thursday, October 21, 2010

Tricky Letters and Symbols

As you know, I love to make Custom Name Albums. Each one is unique and special to the buyer :) But every now and then, they create challenges. But I am happy to say that I haven't had to turn down a customer's request yet! I always look for new ways to make my albums and make my customers happy :)
Two of my recent albums both had tricky characters to them! This first album is a Sorority Album and the middle letter (Xi) is made up of three separate pieces. How do I cut around that??? Well, I didn't. I cut the patterned paper and laid it on the chipboard page to create the letter. I cut out the three pieces separately and it worked out great!
I've done many Birthday Albums, but never had a request for an apostrophe. I wasn't quite sure if it should be a separate page or attached to another letter. I chose to add it to the end of the "H" and I love how it turned out. I used a contrasting patterned paper and it worked great!
Do you ever run into challenges with your crafting? Do you like challenges?
I'm ready for my next big challenge :)

1 comment:

  1. There's nothing you can't do! Both of those look wonderful! Challenges make me panic until I can work through it which so far I've been able to do. I'm a work in process!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!
I love your comments!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...