Tuesday, August 10, 2010

What Matters Most

As I've mentioned in a couple of other posts, my grandparents are getting ready to move from their farm house into an apartment in town. The apartment will be significantly smaller and my grandparents have acquired quite a bit of stuff over the years. My grandma decided to have a garage sale, but she let us grandkids go through things first before she sold anything. My mom had mentioned a few things that she wanted to keep, so the other day I went to pick up her things so I can store them until they visit again. There was an old trunk sitting out and I asked what was in it. I'm no pirate, but this really was a treasure chest!!! In it were old cards, photos, letters, and other memorabilia my grandma had kept over the years! There were baby cards from when my mom was born! My grandma's wedding corsage was in there! And even my grandpa's old football uniform! What treasures indeed!!! Grandma wanted to keep some of the items, but here are the ones she let me have that day: (Grandpa's graduation photo, his high school diploma, his elementary diploma, his varsity letter and one of his military photos)
There were other items I could have taken that would have been nice, or might have been worth some money, but those things didn't matter to me. I took what mattered most...the memories!!!
P.S. - Don't forget to enter my necklace GIVEAWAY!!!

4 comments:

  1. Wow!!! They're Family Treasury!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you about memories. I am always amazed and saddened how families fight over property when they simply want to sell it. My mom kept some of my grandpa's old furniture and photos while her brother kept the house. He made money but I think my Mom got the better deal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The memories are certainly the most important! They are truly priceless. Love the E for Edi! (Yeah, I know, it's probably for Essex.) :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are the treasures you will cherish and pass along to your kids. I think it's so wonderful of your grandma to give them to you now!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!
I love your comments!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...