Thursday, April 9, 2009

One Big Project!!!

As promised...a scrapbook post :) Here is the project I've been working on the last couple of weeks...and will be for quite some time! A client is having me put all of her daughter's newspaper articles from her sporting events together into an album. 4 sports for 4 years of high school! Lots to do! So what does this mean? Well...here's how it works:
  • First I have to cut all the articles down to size and scan any of them that are on the front and back page of the newspaper.
  • Next I have to spray them down with acid-free spray to help preserve them and keep them from yellowing.

  • Next I organize them so they are in order from Freshman to Senior year and by sport. This part definitely takes some time!
  • The last part is actually putting them on the pages. This part is also time- consuming because I have to figure out the best way to get them all to fit in a visually pleasing way. Sometimes articles are really long or really wide and won't completely fit on the page. So I have to decide if I fold them over or cut them into pieces to fit...a long process sometimes!

But it will be one great keepsake when I'm done :) Her daughter is a super-star when it comes to sports...so these articles are very special to her. I'm glad I get to help her put them all together for her graduation :) And she will be able to look back years later and remember how awesome she was!

5 comments:

  1. My goodness that looks like a ton of work! I can't imagine having to sort through someone else's stuff. It does look like she has a label on everything so that should help. Good luck, I am sure it will turn out super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG...talk about work! I can't wait to see what the finished piece looks like but I do hope you post the progress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. holy buckets lady you definately have your hands full but what a neat idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great idea! Be sure to post pictures when it's done :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like a lot of work but it will certainly be a keepsake when it's done. I hope you post pictures of the process and of course the finished product!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!
I love your comments!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...