Thursday, April 24, 2008

Journaling-Using Poems and Quotes

Journaling can be one of the hardest things about scrapbooking. Sometimes you just don't know what to say. Sometimes you can't remember exactly what happened. Sometimes the photo is not from a specific event that you have details for. What ever it is that is making it hard to journal about your photos, you can easily solve this problem :)

Poems and quotes are a great way to get your feelings down on the page. Sometimes someone else can say it better than you...so let them. Anytime I am stumped for words, I look to these for help.

Here is an example of a page using a poem:

This is a page I made for a friend. I left a blank space for her to add her own words, but if she chose to add an embellishment to the white box instead, she would still have words to go with her page that match her feelings.

And here is a page I made using a quote as my journaling:
The quote reads "Enjoy the little things for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things." This is a picture of my mom, grandma, and myself out to lunch. Not a big deal, but this is a picture I will cherish forever. I could not have put better words to this photo than the quote does :)

So next time you are in need of some journaling help...look to poems and quotes. There are so many choices out there that you will never be at a loss for journaling again. Here is a great place to get you started on your search: http://twopeasinabucket.kaboose.com/peasoup.asp You can look up poems and quotes by theme and even add your own.

Here's to Happy Scrapping :) Edi

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by!
I love your comments!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...